>Test TechnicianFriday, 3rd March 2017 posted by Kim Munro
Reporting to team Manager, this role is part of a team of test engineers. Principal duties involve testing, fault finding and fault correction of a wide variety of PCB assemblies and electronic instrumentation. There may be some programming of machines for test. You will have the ability to solve a variety of technical problems of moderate to difficult scope and complexity. Focusing on quality requirement of customer, whilst maintaining Kingfield Electronics high standards. Ensuring process is in line with customer requirements.
Key Responsibilities (Main Duties)
The following list represents the key responsibilities associated with the role: -
- Testing and fault finding on conventional and SMT PCB’s.
- Ensuring boards are to expected quality and product requirement.
- Detect failures and determine probable cause.
- Note and record tests.
- Work with minimal supervision and at same time be a strong team player.
- Keep up to date on current technology applicable to area of expertise, equipment and development.
We consider the skills associated with the role are as follows: -
Role Specific Skills: -
- Experience of machines such as: AOI, SPEA.
- Ability to read prints and drawings.
- Experience in test environment.
- Manual Soldering and re working both conventional and SMT PCB’s is an advantage but not pre-requisite.
- Dexterity and ability to work with small components.
- Must be a good communicator and have the ability to communicate effectively with a multi-cultural, multi-skilled team of people.
- Knowledge of ESD precautions.
- Must be able to cope in a highly dynamic production environment where changes in customer requirements are considered normal.
- Must be self-motivated, and have strong planning, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Embracing change in the ever-changing dynamics of the industry.
- Must adhere to health and safety requirements.
Personal Skills: -
- Preferable HND qualification at a minimum.
- Proven track record in electronics industry.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Team Player.
- Pursue personal development.
- Demonstrate consistent attendance and punctuality.
Please Note: Candidates who cannot meet all the above requirements may still be considered and will be offered appropriate development opportunities.
For the right individual, it provides excellent long term career prospects and future growth opportunities with a competitive salary package.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
We would stress that in this instance, applications via recruitment companies will not be accepted.