>Growth Target ExceededFriday, 11th April 2008 posted by Nick Taylor
The completion of the 2007/2008 financial year has been regarded as a very good year for Kingfield Electronics. A combination of organic growth and the addition of a number of new customers has enabled the business to grow by over 20% over the past 12-months at a time when other electronic manufacturing businesses are contracting within the UK.
Nick Taylor, Managing Director of Kingfield Electronics states, “I put our continued success down to attention to detail, hard work, and a good manufacturing strategy. Over the past 12-months we have focussed more intently on listening to our customers and have made appropriate changes to our business model”.
Amongst other things we have:-
- Implemented a new ERP system which will enable us to manage our business interests in both the UK and Hong Kong
- Develop our ‘blended’ model with both UK and Chinese manufacturing capabilities
- Started to implement lean manufacturing techniques throughout our business cells
- AS9100 and ISO14001 accreditations in progress and planned to be achieved before the end of 2008.
- Added additional capital equipment to further increase capacity and process capability
- Secured additional manufacturing floor space by taking a further business unit
- Introduced three new customers and secured a prestigious aerospace approval”
- Seen our business grow by over 20% in terms of turnover and profitability
2008 will see continued rationalisation of the CEM marketplace, and the changes we are making will strengthen our ability to cope with the ever changing demands of our customers. The ability to react, adapt, and where possible exceed their expectations will remain key drivers for the coming year. 2008 will invariably present new challenges, and I look forward to those challenges, and the opportunities that they will bring.